StudioAV recommends, The complete Classical system.
Martin Logan CLX Speaker Features
- CLS XStat electrostatic transducer
- DualForce triple stator, double diaphragm electrostatic transducer
- Precision built advanced topology
- Vojtko crossover Environmentally conscious design featuring EcoSound
- Custom ETC spikes
THE WORLD’S FINEST FULL RANGE ELECTROSTATIC SPEAKER The CLX delivers the truth – the culmination of everything Martin Logan have learned about electrostatic technology since their first product was launched in 1983. Purity of sound permeates your entire room and satisfies even the most critical ear. The new industry benchmark for resolving detail, CLX utilizes dual electrostatic transducers to render the most complex musical passages as faithfully as a crystal prism disperses the full colour spectrum. This is the limitless spectrum of the CLX – the absolute truth in musical reproduction.
Frequency Response 56–23,000 Hz ± 3dB
Sensitivity 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
Impedance 6 Ohms/0.7 @ 20kHz
Crossover Frequency 360 Hz
VTL MB450 III Mono Blocks
Music lovers have long admired the VTL MB-450 Signature monoblock amplifier for outstanding performance at a fair value. The new Series III version of the long-standing MB-450 platform features a complete re-working of the entire signal path. Upgrades include a fully balanced differential input stage driving a differential phase splitter and a lower impedance push-pull output stage with a dramatically improved, fully balanced and enhanced interleaved and coupled output transformer. VTL’s innovative engineering brings the legendary sonic performance of the venerable 450 Signature platform to even greater heights.
The new MB-450 Signature mono blocks gain further sonic benefits with a shorter, faster and fully balanced negative feedback loop, with zero global negative feedback. The negative feedback loop completely eliminates ringing and requires no capacitor compensation to maintain critical phase integrity and information. The result is an amplifier that remains stable even under the most demanding load
|Vacuum Tube Complement||8 x 6550C or KT-88, 1 x 12AT7, 1x 12BH7|
20 Hz – 20 kHz into 5 ohm load
|Tetrode = 425W
Triode = 225W
|THD 20Hz – 20kHz @ 450W Tetrode
THD 20Hz – 20kHz @ 200W Triode
|Input Sensitivity||Variable between 1-2V, depending upon DF setting|
|Input Impedance||45K Ohms|
|Optimum Load Range||5 Ohms|
|S/N Ratio @ 450W Tetrode
S/N Ratio @ 200W Triode
|Power Consumption||Idle = 300W
Full Power =1000W
|Primary Main Fuse Rating||110/120V = 15A Ceramic Slo Blo
220/240V = 8A Ceramic Slo Blo
|Input Fuse||110/120V = 1A Ceramic Slo Blo
220/240V = 1A Ceramic Slo Blo
|Logic Fuse||110/120V = 1A Ceramic Slo Blo
220/240V = 1A Ceramic Slo Blo
|B+ Fuse Rating||Plate Fuse – 2.5A Fast Acting 600V
Screen Fuse – 0.75A Fast Acting 600V
|Dimensions||W = 18.5 Inches (47 cm)
D = 18 Inches (46 cm)
H = 9 Inches (23 cm)
|Weight||93 lbs (42 Kg) unpacked
110 lbs (50 Kg) packed
dCS Rossini player
The dCS Rossini Player makes superlative sounding music from a wide range of digital sources, simply integrating your digital music and setting the performance standard for digital playback.
This single-box digital music player features the legendary dCS Ring DACTM and signal processing platform, plus a custom high performance UPnP music streamer and CD transport.
Rossini plays music through an array of industry-standard USB, AES and S/PDIF digital inputs, and can stream over Ethernet from a NAS drive or online music services such as TIDALTM, SpotifyTM and DeezerTM, and from Apple devices via AirplayTM. An integral disc transport mechanism is fitted for Compact Disc playback.
Designed for flexibility and ease of use without compromise, Rossini uses the very latest dCS Digital Processing Platform and Ring DACTM technology, originally developed for the flagship Vivaldi series. Its single FPGA brings improved signal processing and superior flexibility, effectively making it future-proof.
Rossini Player has a powerful new user interface, plus a custom control app that lets listeners manage their music playback from any source in an elegantly simple way – accessing CD playback, music streaming services, digital and UPnP sources from one control point. The Rossini app also features an intuitive install and configuration wizard for ease of set-up.
Featuring DXD upsampling as standard, the multi-stage oversampling design offers optional DSD upsampling plus an extensive selection of DSP filters to suit individual taste and music choice. The network streaming functionality within Rossini Player is unparalleled in its processing power and jitter performance, and currently runs at up to 24-bit, 384kS/s and DSD128, supporting all major lossless codecs, plus DSD in DoP format and native DSD.
Rossini supports the simple yet highly effective dCS ‘auto clocking’ architecture as used in Vivaldi, which minimises jitter and improves sound quality significantly.
Designed and made in Great Britain to the highest standards, Rossini’s elegant chassis uses aerospace-grade machined aluminium with internal acoustic damping panels to reduce sound-degrading mechanical vibration and magnetic effects. Multi-stage power regulation is employed, with twin mains transformers to isolate the analogue, digital and clock circuitry.
As with all dCS products, Rossini’s firmware can be easily updated via CD, USB or the new automated download and update facility. This lets dCS add new features and improve the performance of Rossini over its lifetime.
When listening to digital music through a Rossini system, listeners are immediately struck by its natural musicality and faithfulness to the original recording. It delivers a powerful and visceral sound yet is highly transparent too, making for an immersive and realistic listening experience.
- TypeUpsampling CD/Network Player.
- Dimensions444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 151mm/6.0”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Converter TypedCS proprietary Ring DACTM topology.
- Digital InputsNetwork interface on an RJ45 connector–Acts as a UPnPTM renderer in Asynchronous mode, streaming digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV & AIFF at up to 24 bit 384kS/s native sample rate, plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DFF/DSF format.
Other supported formats include WMA, ALAC, MP3, AAC & OGG. Some formats are limited to lower sample rates.
Accepts data streamed from an iPod, iPhone or iPad via Apple AirPlay, 44.1 or 48kS/s only.
Network Loop Out connector on a second RJ45 connector.
USB 2.0 interface on a B-type connector operating in Asynchronous mode, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384kS/s plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format. Operates in Class 1 or 2 mode.
USB-on-the-go interface on type A connector operating in Asynchronous mode, streams digital music from a flash drive at up to 24 bit 384kS/s plus DSD/64 or DSD/128.
2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. Used as a Dual AES pair, it will accept PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format or dCS-encrypted DSD.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors.
Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. 1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 96kS/s.
- MechanismStream Unlimited JPL-2800 SilverStrike with aluminium tray.
- Analogue OutputsOutput levels: 2V or 6V rms for full-scale input, set in the menu.
Balanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin XLR male connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold).
These outputs are electronically balanced and floating.
Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
Unbalanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
- Wordclock I/Oworldclock Io2x Word Clock Inputs on 2x BNC connectors, accept standard word clock at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels. Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible word clock appears on this output.
- Residual Noise16-bit data: Better than -96dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted. 24-bit data: Better than -113dB0, 20Hz-20kHz unweighted. (6V output setting).
- L R CrosstalkBetter than -115dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
- Spurious ResponsesBetter than -105dB0, 20Hz-20kHz.
- FiltersPCM mode: up to 6 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response. DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level.
- Upsampling RatesDXD as standard or optional DSD upsampling.
- Software UpdatesLoaded directly CD-R or via PCM digital inputs or PC via USB input. Download and update functionality available via Rossini App.
- Local ControldCS Rossini App for Unit Configuration and Music Playback. RS232 interface (controlled by a 3rd party automation system). IR remote control – dCS premium remote control available as an optional extra.
- Power SupplyFactory set to either 100, 115/120, 220 or 230/240V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption26 Watts typical / 35 Watts maximum.
- Operating SystemsWindows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10, Mac OSX 10.10. dCS USB driver is required for Windows in Audio Class 2 Mode.